Google Apps - Content Management System
This web page is a shared word processing document associated with a free Google account.
Changes made to this page (while signed into the Google account, with a web browser such as Firefox) including text, graphics, web-links, will immediately show up on this website web page.
The content here in this page is from a Google Document as mentioned above. When this web page is loaded into your computer’s web browser, the information from the Google document is displayed on this page that you are viewing now.
To solve this website design and maintenance problem, a new technology called a Content Management System (CMS) has been developed.
Below is an outline of common static website problems, our solutions, and some of the many benefits you will gain once your site has been converted to a CMS.
Common Static Website Problems
• One disadvantage of having static pages on your website is that it can get expensive to update. The more pages there are with the same information on them that needs updated, the more work is required. The cost of editing these so called “hard-coded” web pages is directly related to the size of the site. Since many web designers bill changes at an hourly rate, the cost can be driven up rather quickly.
• Another disadvantage of static pages is that you, as the site owner, cannot add your own content without knowing HTML, how to use FTP, or - if the site utilizes it - CSS. Often business owners choose to have a designer maintain static sites because they simply do not have time to do it themselves and their time is better spent running their business.
• Install our content management system (CMS) into your website for content areas that you would like to be able yo update yourself.
• Move your existing content into a CMS document file.
• The ability to update and change your content anytime you need to right from your web browser.
•Your sites content will be displaying using current web standards. This increases accessibility and makes your content more "future proof".